суббота, 18 октября 2008 г.

champions league 2002




I thought Iapos;d share the second to last paragraph of Bill Simmons article on the Sox game from last night. You can find the article at espn.com./page2 . I hadnapos;t realized how many bad things had happend to the Sox on 10/16....


"The Aaron Boone homer happened Oct. 16, 2003. The 19-8 thrashing that gave the 2004 Yankees a 3-0 lead in the ALCS happened Oct. 16. The Indians jumped to a commanding 3-1 lead in the ALCS on Oct. 16. Letapos;s just say I wasnapos;t that enthusiastic about Bostonapos;s chances on Oct. 16, 2008, although I didnapos;t remember until watching SportsCenter on Friday morning that Booneapos;s homer actually happened 16 minutes after midnight. (Why didnapos;t I realize this? Because I blacked out that night for about an hour. You think Iapos;m kidding. But Thursday night, as far as I knew, Boone hit the homer on the 16th.) As the comeback swung into motion Thursday, I found myself glancing at my cable boxapos;s clock and rooting for it to display 9:00 my time (midnight on the East Coast). I didnapos;t think we would get there, but when Pena was batting in the ninth, there were only a few minutes left on the 16th. It was like watching a New Yearapos;s Eve countdown. 8:54. 8:55. 8:56. Then Pena grounded into that 4-6-3 and guaranteed that, yes, the Red Sox were getting out of Oct. 16 alive. They made it to midnight. In fact, if Game 5 were a movie, thatapos;s what I would call it: "They Made It To Midnight." "

clearance paintball markers, champions league 2002, champions league 05, champions league, champions leageue, champions leageu.



Комментариев нет: